- National Taiwan Ocean University has invited Dr Lim to give a seminar on the use of RFID in ports/shipping
- Dr Ming Lim has given a plenary speech at the International Conference on Technology Management in Taipei, Taiwan
- A paper on "Using a multi-agent system to investigate the benefits of RFID in the reconfiguration of disrupted supply chains" has been presented at the 1st ScienceOne International Conference on Information Technology, 6-7 Feb 2013
- Article "RFID adoption issues in the warehouse" by Witold Bahr and Dr Ming Lim was cited in white paper from Lucas Systems: "The rise of multi-modal warehouse applications". Lucas Systems is the leading innovator of voice directed applications for improving warehouse productivity and fulfillment accuracy.
- Dr Ming Lim has been appointed as the Chairman of EUBITMS (European Business Innovation and Technology Management Society) which is a Chapter under the ISBITM (International Society of Business Innovation and Technology Management
- Dr Ming Lim presented a talk on "RFID - A Practical Perspective" at Cairo University Egypt
- Dr Ming Lim delivered a seminar at De La Salle University (Manila, Philippines) on "Is RFID a real deal"
- Dr Ming Lim has been appointed as Head of Centre for Supply Chain Improvement and Reader in Logistics at the University of Derby to continue his research in RFID and develop a new Centre focussing on improving supply chain operations.
- Dr Ming Lim has been elected as a member of the prestigious IFIP (International Federation of Information Processing) Workgroup 5.7 Advances in Production Management Systems.
- Dr Ming Lim presented a paper at International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems in Rhodes Island Greece 23-26 September 2012.
- Four papers have been presented by the RFID team at the International Conference on Manufacturing Research, Birmingham UK, 11-13 September 2012.
- Dr Ming Lim organised a workshop in RFID at the International Conference on Information Science and Digital Content Technology, Jeju Island Korea, 25-28 June 2012.
- Dr Ming Lim presented a paper at the International Confernece on Industrial Logistics, Zadar Croatia 13-16 June 2012.
- Our KTP project has been awarded the Best Established Projects Award
- Dr Ming Lim visited Keio University (Auto-ID Lab), Waseda University, Sophia University and Daito Bunka University in Japan.
- Dr Ming Lim gave a public lecture at Sophia University on "RFID Trend in the Current Market"
- RFID Advanced Research has been awarded a 3-year project under the EU ICT Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP). Kick-off meeting 1 Feb 2012 (Press Release)
- Dr Ming Lim is appointed as the scientific committee for 2012 APMS (Advances in Production Management Systems) International Conference
- Dr Ming Lim is now a chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
- Dr Ming Lim has been appointed as an advisory council member for Asia Pacific Business Innovation and Technology Management Society.
- Our research in applying RFID to enhance warehouse operations has been featured in Eureka Magazine "Give RFID another look"
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to give an RFID workshop at the Asia Pacific Microwave Conference in Melbourne.
- Dr Ming Lim revisited the National RFID Centre in Singapore.
- RFID workshop is held at Aston University with guest speaker Dr Alfredo Colenci Net from University of Sao Paulo in Brazil. Details about RFID workshop.
- Dr Ming Lim visited the Center for Transportation and Logistics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- Dr Ming Lim gave a talk on "RFID and its future trend" at National Taiwan University
- Dr Ming Lim visited Hong Kong University and Hong Kong City University
- Dr Ming Lim visited National Taiwan University of Technology, GS1/EPCGlobal Taiwan, and SMEs from electronics industry such as CQ1 and eClick.
- Mr Ahsan Munir, Mr Mo Hussain and Mr Iqbal Johal presented their papers at 13th International MITIP Conference on Information Technology & Innovation Processes of the Enterprises, Trondheim, Norway, 22 - 24 June 2011.
- Two academic articles have been accepted for presentation at International Conference on Production Research in Stuttgart Germany, July 31 - August 4, 2011.
- One conference article has been accepted at IEEE International Conference on RFID Technologies and Applications, Sitges Spain, 15-16 September 2011.
- A paper accepted for presentation at International Symposium on Logistics, Berlin Germany, 10-13 July 2011.
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to be the speaker at the 1st Annual International Congress on U-World (IOT) at World Expo Centre in Dalian, China, 23-25 October 2011.
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to be the scientific committee of the 13th International MITIP Conference on Information Technology & Innovation Processes of the Enterprises, Trondheim, Norway, 22 June - 24 June 2011
- Dr Ming Lim was awarded a two-year grant from the UK EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Science Research Council) on enhancing supply chain competitiveness with the use of RFID.
- RFID Advanced Research is collaborating with Xiamen University in research on RFID security and privacy in healthcare.
- Dr Ming Lim presented at the 12th International MITIP Conference on Information Technology & Innovation Processes of the Enterprises, 30-31 August 2010, Denmark.
- RFID Advanced Research has secured 125,000GBP funding to improve production operations at Accutronics (a battery solutions manufacturer).
- Dr Ming Lim presented two articles (joint publication with Aalborg University Denmark) at the IEEE International Conference on RFID Technology and Applications in Guangzhou China 17-19 June 2010.
- Dr Ming Lim visited the RFID Auto-ID Lab at Fudan University (Shanghai, China) and the College of Mechanical Engineering at Chongqing University (China) for UK-China research collaboration.
- RFID Advanced Research is consulting IdentifyRFID (a RFID vendor in Thailand) in a trailer tracking project.
- Dr Ming Lim has visited the Centre for Logistics at Aalborg University (Denmark), RFID Lab at the University of Parma (Italy) and the Logistics Institute - Asia Pacific (Singapore).
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to be a scientific committee of the 12th International MITIP Conference on Information Technology & Innovation Processes of the Enterprises, Centre for Logistics, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- RFID Advanced Research has joined the RACE networkRFID as an associate member
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to be a session speaker and a panel member at the RFID World Asia 2009 in Singapore.
- RFID Advanced Research has organised the first RFID Seminar at Aston University.
- Dr Ming Lim presented his RFID projects at the ARTEMIS brokerage event in Amsterdam.
- Miss Rebecca Aggarwal attended the GS1 UK Annual Conference in Leicester, with the theme "Maximising supply chain efficiencies in volatile times where there was much discussion of the importance of RFID to assist with reduction of costs".
- Miss Rebecca Aggarwal and Mr Witek Bahr presented their research at the Annual Modern Information Technology in the Innovation Processes of the Industrial Enterprise (MITIP) conference, Bergamo, Italy.
- Dr Ming Lim presented a paper at the XIX International Conference on Material Handling, Constructions and Logistics, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Dr Ming Lim was invited to give a public seminar at the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology's (SIMTech) National RFID Centre.
- Dr Ming Lim visited two companies and produced feasibility reports for potential RFID adoption at the companies.
RFID Advanced Research
Centre for Supply Chain Improvement
University of Derby
Derby DE22 1GB, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1332 591770